We provide a specialist diabetes service located adjacent to Corio Medical Clinic. In this integrated service, doctors and allied health professionals work together with the patient as a diabetes management team. We also have an endocrinologist, a diabetes educator, a dietitian, podiatrist and exercise physiologist working alongside each other to assist you in your diabetes management and to be the best that you can be living in a day to day world with diabetes.
We welcome on board our Diabetic Nurse Practitioner Elizabeth Kinnersly (Liz).
Liz will be running our diabetes education and management for all our diabetic patients.
All patients can see Liz under a Medicare Bulk Billing Item or TCA management plan.
Liz has a wealth of experience in diabetes:
- Experienced in initial diagnosis education and ongoing management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, steroid induced and gestational diabetes.
- Able to provide post discharge care to recently hospitalised patients.
- Providing advice in sharps management, supply of blood glucose meters, weekly review of blood glucose,
- hypoglycaemia education, injectable education, storage of medicines, driving and hypoglycaemic agents, dose titration and planning and managing sick days.
- Group diabetes education courses.
A Diabetic Nurse Practitioner can also assist in writing prescriptions and order pathology tests during your consult with Liz.
The diabetes clinic is located at our Corio location.
Corio Diabetes Centre
1 Bacchus Marsh Road
Corio, VIC 3214
Appointments at our Diabets Centre can be made by patients of Northern Bay Health at any of our clinics or by ringing (03) 5274 9499.
Corio Medical Clinic
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Public Holidays, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Closed Christmas Day & Good Friday