Serving our community for over 30 years.
Diabetic Nurse Practitioner - Elizabeth Kinnersly (Liz)
Diabetes Educator - Sharon McClenlland
We provide a specialist diabetes service at Corio Medical Clinic. In this integrated service, doctors and allied health professionals work together with the patient as a diabetes management team. We also have an endocrinologist, a diabetes educator, a dietitian, and podiatrist working alongside each other to assist you in your diabetes management and to be the best that you can be living in a day to day world with diabetes.
Liz and Sharon run our diabetes education and management for all our diabetic patients. All patients can see Liz under a Medicare Bulk Billing Item and Sharon on a TCA management plan.
Liz and Sharon have a wealth of experience in diabetes:
- Experienced in initial diagnosis education and ongoing management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, steroid induced and gestational diabetes.
- Able to provide post discharge care to recently hospitalised patients.
- Providing advice in sharps management, supply of blood glucose meters, weekly review of blood glucose.
- Hypoglycaemia education, injectable education, storage of medicines, driving and hypoglycaemic agents, dose titration and planning and managing sick days.
- Group diabetes education courses.
A Diabetic Nurse Practitioner can also assist in writing prescriptions and order pathology tests during your consult with Liz.
Appointments at our Diabetes Centre can be made by patients of Northern Bay Health at any of our clinics or by ringing (03) 5274 9499.
The diabetes clinic is located at our Corio location, 1 Bacchus Marsh Road, Corio, VIC 3214